15 837 Read More
General Petroliana Discussion Jump to new posts
Re: Sign that hasn't come to auction in ages..... advertologist 4 hours ago
porc. flange .. ... cool
28 1,423 Read More
Re: School me: Hood Tire and Tube GILMORE Yesterday at 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by Jolly-John
"I searched "hood tires" and found it immediately BTW..." YES! Isn't that the truth? One of my pet peeves, now that I'm an old geezer! John

Not sure where/what he searched to find nothing on them.
6 287 Read More
Non-petro Discussion and Showcase Jump to new posts
Re: Thanks to all especially on here! Man-Cave-Shoppe Dave Yesterday at 06:31 PM
Thanx for the kind words Fred!
You and others on here are still welcome to come by! I plan on finally building on the property and plan to have it as my home base till I'm gone from this world.
I will still be buying and selling, just no more trying to maintain a "antique store" that is open to the general public. I will probably keep advertising with most of my websites for buying petro but also started ibuybrokenevs . com and starting a whole new adventure with that. So hopefully I'll still be around on here for a long time to come. Once a petrohead, always a petrohead!
Nope, she's too precious to ever give up and probably the only thing NFS in the pic! smile
2 139 Read More
Re: Simplex National 60 restoration Paul Bell Yesterday at 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by RandyM
First rate Paul. Interesting choice of colors for Mobil. I wouldn't necessarily think of using black. It works well for the pump.
Thanks! I hate red and white, that would be the normal "go to" colors for Mobil. Some of the older Mobil stuff used red/black, we probably overused the black but I think some artistic license is OK. We saw some other Simplex pumps painted this way, liked it, so we decided to go this route.
5 128 Read More
Showcase and Stories, Petroliana Jump to new posts
Re: Great Old Pics Toys4Fun Yesterday at 02:38 PM
Gulf
17,477 7,632,122 Read More
Re: Arizona hwy 89 Paul Bell Tue Apr 16 2024 11:53 PM
There was one on ebay last year that sold for $2300. It's documented on worthpoint, even without an account you should be able to see the pictures and compare. I guess its possible the ebay one is fake, but it sold for good money, so makes you think its legit.

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-retired-arizona-89-route-4649325594
5 278 Read More
Re: Route 66 Neon Paul Bell Tue Apr 16 2024 11:49 PM
Originally Posted by Oldgas
The Missouri Route 66 Association, Piros Signs, city of Sunset Hills, Holiday Inn and some enthusiastic individuals were behind this project. It does take time, money and an exemption from current sign restrictions to get the job done. The Missouri Route 66 folks have done some great work on saving signs, businesses and buildings along Route 66.

https://www.missouri66.org/

Makes sense, I figured they had something like that. I cant remember exactly where I was on route 66, somewhere in Arizona and I just happened to drive by an old neon motel sign with construction equipment all around it. There was a crew destroying the motel and I asked them about the sign and apparently by law it had to either needed be moved or stay put, can't remember which anymore. I think some of these towns on route 66 have enacted laws about this, makes sense.
8 212 Read More
Welcome New Members Jump to new posts
Re: Vintage lighter petrol fillers collection Tankar Tue Apr 16 2024 08:28 PM
Welcome
4 89 Read More
Re: ebay or facebook? Cold Pizza Tue Apr 16 2024 07:20 PM
Lookers who bring cash as well.
7 325 Read More
Re: Who collects gas station patches? Mark8216 Tue Apr 16 2024 01:50 PM
Here are my latest Patch additions to the collection. My favorites are the GLOCO, Phillips 66, Dixcel and the Sinclair H-C.
70 16,726 Read More
Re: New to Site RedHat Tue Apr 16 2024 01:37 PM
Welcome!
7 284 Read More
Re: New member RedHat Tue Apr 16 2024 01:37 PM
Welcome! Cool sign
5 166 Read More
Re: New here RedHat Tue Apr 16 2024 01:37 PM
Welcome!
6 147 Read More
For Sale Petroliana with prices Jump to new posts
Re: Mobilgrease No. 4 Gargoyle Notre Dame Can RedHat Tue Apr 16 2024 01:36 PM
Price dropped to include free shipping
2 333 Read More
Re: 3 Quarts + 1 Liter Lot RedHat Tue Apr 16 2024 01:36 PM
Price dropped to include free shipping
2 248 Read More
Re: Wayne 60 Restoration RandyM Tue Apr 16 2024 12:17 PM
More progress being made. I think I have all the parts that are to be powder coated done. Here are the computer panels, window frames, conduit, add glass brackets, bell, and all the red parts.
21 1,220 Read More
Showcase and Stories, Petroliana Jump to new posts
Re: It was meant to be! Toys4Fun Tue Apr 16 2024 03:04 AM
Thanks everyone for the kind words. I will enjoy this pump until it’s my time to pass it on to the next caregiver.
7 427 Read More
Re: Washington chief sign spencer Tue Apr 16 2024 02:56 AM
So no known 30" signs? Here's my 4ft painted double sided sign. Came from a Washington Chief station which changed to Phillips 66 after the war. Found in a pump house by the the station out buildings 20yrs ago. Eastern Washington. Not sure if it was a local company that painted it or not. Never seen or heard of another one. Spencer
7 586 Read More
Re: 1921-1923 Yellow Cab Radiator Emblem Badge Ghostflowers Tue Apr 16 2024 01:57 AM
You can go to this page: http://www.americanautoemblems.com/2021/05/yellow-cab.html

To find more information about this badge. If you scroll down to the example of the colored badge, you will see where it says this badge is extremely rare.
1 216 Read More
Re: Petroliana Collectors Memorial Page KZ1000 Mon Apr 15 2024 11:59 PM
I received word that Linda Baker passed away in February, Linda was wife of Ron Baker of West Warren Mass.
Ron and Linda were well known in the show circuit, I shared my space with them at Hershey for many years, Ron was also a promoter along side me, of Mass Gas Bash.
May they now rest in peace together.
Miss you two.
40 32,075 Read More
Re: Texaco porcelain sign panels - service station canadianoilguy Mon Apr 15 2024 04:55 PM
bump, thanks
7 2,355 Read More
Want to Buy Petroliana Jump to new posts
Re: Gilbarco 86 Stainless Trim canadianoilguy Mon Apr 15 2024 04:55 PM
bump, thanks
34 9,091 Read More
Non-Petro For Sale, Trade or Wanted Jump to new posts
Re: Vintage auto gauge collection-26 pieces It's for sale Mon Apr 15 2024 12:47 PM
1 124 Read More
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved