Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#740548 Sat Dec 14 2019 02:51 PM
L
OP Offline
L
I have a Tokheim Model 39 that had the red and green sight glass propellers. I have purchased new propellers but aside from grinding off the brass fold over on the spinner stem, I see no way to remove and install the new pieces. If I grind off the top of the brass, how do I hold the new propellers in place besides gluing them?

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Well that is a problem because the factory spinners assembly was not designed to be taken apart because they folded over the end of the tube to form a tight hold on the blades. I have been able to somehow grind down just enough of the fold to remove the broken spinners and still be able to tap the tube down enough hold the blades in place. I know this is not the most clear answer to your question but it's hard to detail the actual process, it can be done and if all else fails just epoxy them on.

Last edited by tbuckles; Sat Dec 14 2019 05:23 PM.

Always buying gas pumps and parts.

Visit my web site: www.gaspumps.us
Buckles Vintage Gas Pump Parts LLC
Carthage Indiana
L
OP Offline
L
Originally Posted by tbuckles
Well that is a problem because the factory spinners assembly was not designed to be taken apart because they folded over the end of the tube to form a tight hold on the blades. I have been able to somehow grind down just enough of the fold to remove the broken spinners and still be able to tap the tube down enough hold the blades in place. I know this is not the most clear answer to your question but it's hard to detail the actual process, it can be done and if all else fails just epoxy them on.

OK, that's what I thought. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some easier way that I was overlooking. Thanks for passing along the info.

C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
I bought my spinners from KC Kool Fuel. They just pop onto the rod. It’s all one piece with the metal flange.

Last edited by Corey1955; Sat Dec 21 2019 10:58 AM.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved